|To deliver more information to more people and help them manage and use it better
|To be an ever-shining star in the horizon of global information and publishing industry
|Informatics was promoted three decades ago with a vision to pioneer the business of e-information in India, with scholarly and research content being the prime focus. Headquartered in Bangalore, the silicon valley of India, Informatics has come a long way in promoting e-information usage culture in the academic and corporate world. With a group turnover of more than US$ 25 million, Informatics has a team of over 130 well-qualified personnel, sales offices spread over length and breadth of India and a team of distributors across the globe. The Company currently provides services to more than 1,000 clients globally.
|Informatics’ commitment to provide affordable and cutting-edge information products and services has endeared the group to the Indian research community and as such catalyzed the development of products like:
- J-Gate: The largest e-Journal portal for 23,500+ academic, research and industry journals, indexing more than 1.5 million articles a year with dynamic links to full-text.
- Open J-Gate: An exclusive subset of J-Gate dedicated to 7,800+ open access journals. This is available free for the scholarly and academic community as an Open-Access initiative from Informatics.
- India Business Insight Database (IBID): IBID is the only product of its kind to offer rich and rare insight into development in the Indian business and industry from both local and global perspective. A compilation of vital information on Indian business and industry from various business magazines and newspapers, IBID saves your time and keeps you constantly in touch with the fast changing business environment.
|The core competencies of Informatics are structured across three distinct groups:
|1 Content Development and Publishing Services
Predominantly focusing on export market, this Group serves global publishing clients by providing editorial and compilation services that includes – content review and editing, indexing & abstracting, web research and analysis, besides host of related services.
|2 Marketing and Distribution Services for global content
Since its very inception, Informatics has been providing marketing and distribution support to leading global information product companies, ushering in leadership position for them in the Indian e-content market for academic and research information. Some of our important publisher-partners are:
- ACLS Humanities E-Book
- Annual Reviews
- Bentham Science
- Brill Online
- Credo Reference
- Faculty of 1000
- Future Science Group
- Informa Health
- Institute of Physics
- Taylor & Francis Group
- The IET
- Thomson Reuters
- Walter de Gruyter
- Maney Publishing
- Nature Publishing Group
- NRC Press
- RMIT Publishing
- Royal Society of Chemistry
- S Karger
- Safari Books Online
- Springer Science + Business Media
- Wolters Kluwer Health (Ovid)
- World eBook Library
|Nonetheless, the print journal subscription business still continues to be the main focus and Informatics continues to be a key player amongst the top three subscription agents in India.
|Our penetration level in consortium is well known in the market. We were the first few companies to have made a break-through in the following Consortia:
- INDEST (engineering colleges) for Web of Science, Annual Reviews, J-Gate
- UGC Consortium initiated by INFLIBNET for Annual Reviews, Springer, IOP, BIOSIS, J-Gate
- ICAR Consortium (CeRA) for Annual Reviews, Springer, OUP, CSIRO and J-gate
- NML Consortium (ERMED) for Springer, Cambridge University Press, Annual Reviews, OUP and J-Gate
|We have office locations spread across the country with a strong sales & marketing staff that penetrate the market on behalf of our publishers.
|3 Product Development Group.
The group is totally committed to providing easy, reliable and affordable access to knowledge and information for the academic and scientific community. With products like – IBID, J-Gate & Open J-Gate, Informatics is ready to launch many new products, a direction in which the Company is gearing to grow.
|Our Production unit is located in Bangalore, which has 70+ editors and web researchers. Please click here to view the infrastructure.