E-books are the next step towards digital information access and we provide reference and text book content from the following publishers and aggregators.
Informa Healthcare is a specialised publisher with a portfolio of high quality peer-reviewed journals and books - print and electronic format, directories, encyclopaedias, databases and newsletters - essential resources for every scientific library, research facility, and laboratory whether in industry, government, or academia.
These resources span the pharmaceutical, life science and clinical markets. Their mission as a healthcare publisher is to connect scientists and clinicians with information they can trust and use. They aim to serve the advancement of drug discovery and development, clinical medicine and life sciences by enhancing the efficiency of communication among pharmaceutical and medicine researchers and decision-makers, and by providing innovative solutions to their information needs.
Informahealthcare.com offers more than 170 journals and 600 recently published online books covering all aspects of healthcare - including drug discovery and development, medical technology, bioscience, clinical practice and toxicology.
Informa Healthcare’s online book collection offers a comprehensive set of medical and pharmaceutical resources available for perpetual access or subscription for academic, corporate, government, and hospital libraries. With access to more than 600 recently published titles, Informa Healthcare’s online book collection delivers a rich stable of data. Access to this collection presents an exclusive opportunity to search approximately 600 recently published books - more than 240,000 pages and 16,000 chapters - of valuable medical and pharmaceutical content.
The Informa Healthcare journal portfolio offers more than 170 journals in the pharmaceutical science, allied health, clinical medicine, and life science areas. Informa Healthcare has gathered more than 2.8 million pages of historical journal content and made them available for researchers and clinicians. The digital archive - dating back to 1918 - allows you to utilize a friendly and functional delivery system; which combines the instant access and easy navigation features needed to find valuable data quickly.
The family business was founded in 1890 in Berlin, when Samuel Karger decided to launch a publishing company devoted entirely to medicine and science. He was also amongst the first to foresee the demand for specialized journals. The first was founded in 1893 - Dermatologische Zeitschrift (now Dermatology). Ready to tackle the many challenges facing the publishing industry in the next few decades, S. Karger is confident that it will continue to serve the information needs of the scientific community as an independent, family-owned publishing house.
Currently, the company employs more than 200 people at the Basel headquarters and has a worldwide network of branch offices and distribution centres, and the publishing house produces close to 80 scientific journals and about 150 serial and non-serial book titles and supplement or themed journal issues per year, primarily in English. All journals and most of the books are also available in electronic format, since Karger was among the first to recognize the potential of the new media for publishing.
The Karger eBooks Collection comprises all series titles published in a Copyright 2011 year (October - September). The yearly price and a guaranteed minimum number of titles to be published are defined before a new Copyright 2011 year begins. The Karger eBooks Collection offers you these advantages:
- One-time buy, no additional maintenance fee
- Multiple simultaneous access
- Perpetual access to the purchased content guaranteed
- Access via IP range or User ID and password
- New Karger website and contents search powered by Google
- eBooks and eJournals accessible on the same platform
- MARC 21 records for easy integration into the library catalogue
- COUNTER compliant statistics available
A major STM journal publisher of 92 online and print journals, 200 plus open access journals, and related print/online book series, Bentham Science answers the informational needs of the pharmaceutical, biomedical and medical research community.
Leading journals include Current Pharmaceutical Design, Current Medicinal Chemistry (the leading review journal in its field and endorsed by 7 Nobel Laureates). Other high profile journals include Current Topics in Medicinal Chemistry, Current Drug Metabolism, Current Drug Targets, Current Molecular Medicine, and Current Cancer Drug Targets.
Bentham eBooks program covers all major disciplines of natural and social sciences and information technology. It has a variety of eBooks such as monographs, handbooks, proceedings, textbooks, review volumes.
Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (Ovid)
From Medical and Life Sciences, to Science and Technology, to Arts and Literature, Ovid offers one of the largest and most impressive selection of bibliographic databases in the world.
Ovid offers a premier selection of the world's most respected databases across a wide range of disciplines, and pairs them with their superior searching software. So whether you're an experienced user or a novice, you'll find the best resources available to make your searches simpler and more successful.
- Hundreds of top databases
- Variety of features available to customize searches for more precise results
- Link to full-text articles in Journals@Ovid or external sources via full-text linking technologies
Ovid has the content you need to get fast, accurate search results no matter what your discipline.
Cambridge University Press
Cambridge University Press is the publishing business of the University of Cambridge. Dedicated to excellence, their purpose is to further the University's objective of advancing knowledge, education, learning and research. Their peer-reviewed publishing lists comprises over 45,000 titles covering academic research, professional development, over 300 research journals, school-level education, English language teaching and Bible publishing. This list is growing at a rate of nearly 4,000 ISBNs every year and spans subjects from aesthetics through to zoology, with authors ranging from Shakespeare to English language teaching author, Ray Murphy.
Playing a leading role in today's global market place, they have over 50 offices around the globe, and distribute their products to nearly every country in the world. They publish 45,000 authors based in over 100 different countries.
ACLS Humanities E-Book
ACLS Humanities E-Book (HEB) is an online collection of 3,700 humanities books of high quality that are accessible through institutional and individual subscription. These titles are offered by ACLS in collaboration with twenty-three learned societies, over 100 contributing publishers, as well as the MPublishing Division of the University of Michigan Library. HEB's online, fully searchable collection consists of works of major importance that have been recommended and reviewed by scholars. The collection features unlimited multi-user access and free, downloadable MARC records. Choice Magazine calls HEB "an outstanding experiment in collaborative publishing and dissemination of scholarly monographs. ACLS is to be applauded for exposing such a remarkable collection of works to a potentially much broader public."
HEB launched in September 2002, and adds 300-500 titles annually to the collection, including a carefully selected list of new XML titles that have the potential to use new media to communicate the results of scholarship in new ways. Titles now include monographs, collected essays, and primary sources. HEB offers the following benefits:
- A comprehensive reviewed collection, chosen by scholars and scholarly societies
- Full-text books presented in three formats: page-image, text and PDF
- A fully integrated, cross-searchable platform
- Universal and 24/7 access to all members of the campus community
- Unlimited course reserve and classroom use
- Elimination of off-site, missing, or damaged print copies
- In-depth, full-text, rather than extract, search results
- Free, downloadable MARC records and usage statistics
- An expanding collection of print-on-demand title
EBSCO offers more than 60 electronic book collections from some of the world's most renowned STM publishing houses, including Springer, Taylor & Francis and Wiley InterScience, CRC Press, World Bank, Cambridge University Press etc. Representing a broad spectrum of subject categories, e-books are accessible via both ownership and subscription models. From fixed subject-specific collections to pick-and-choose customization options, you'll find the most in-demand e-books and e-reference works from EBSCO.
Future Science Group
An expanding group of independent publishing companies active in the field of scientific information and endeavor, currently composed of Future Medicine and Future Science. Future Science Group's (FSG's) eBook Programme provides students, researchers and clinicians access to an exciting collection of fully accessible, illustrated books covering the most important areas in modern medicine.
FSG eBooks are grouped into collections so libraries can quickly locate and provide the exact content their patrons require and users can rapidly find and use the relevant information they need.
Subject areas include:
- Infectious Diseases
- Respiratory Medicine
The IET is a highly acclaimed society erstwhile known as The IEE society. The IEE has been widely recognized for its niche e-books in the areas of control engineering, telecommunications, circuits, devices and systems, power and energy, renewable energy, electrical technology and professional applications of computing.
The IET Platform of e-books brings to your desk top.
- 300+ comprehensive and niche titles within engineering disciplines such as electronics, telecommunications, renewable energy, electrical and IT, including best selling books such as "Wind Power Integration: Connection and system operational aspects, Understanding Telecommunications Networks, Distributed Generation etc."
- 12 subject series including Circuits, Devices and Systems, Control Engineering, Electrical Technology, Electromagnetic Waves, Power and Energy, Computing Applications, Radar, Sonar, Navigation and Avionics, Renewable Energy & Telecommunications.
- Exclusive content, a result of years of extensive research and knowledge by domain experts and IET members, including controversial and unique titles such as "Scenarios for a Future Electricity Supply: Cost-optimized variations on supplying Europe and its neighbours with electricity from renewable energies".
- Books by prestigious authors such as Prof. Nick Jenkins, Prof. Frank James, Prof. Goran Strbac, and Prof. Hugh Griffiths etc. from prestigious institutes such as Cardiff, Stanford, Royal Institute, Imperial College etc.
Knovel is a web-based application integrating technical information with analytical and search tools to drive innovation and deliver answers engineers can trust. Knovel is the choice of more than 340 leading universities including 12 of the top 15 US engineering schools. Gathering reliable data is the first step in any engineering problem, both in the professional world and academia. As you assign your students more real-world problem sets, providing them with access to Knovel will offer them the same access to information their professional counterparts have. This access will make your students' university experience increasingly relevant to their future career choices.
Knovel provides the technical answers and background information engineers need whether they are on or off-site and when their colleagues or the internet search engines just cannot help. Knovel helps Engineering managers and executives come up with better solutions to technical problems faster - resulting in faster time to market, more innovative products and lower costs.
- An online technical resource to quickly locate relevant and reliable technical information
- Provides access to over 3,600 leading reference works and databases from over 90 leading technical publishers and professional societies including AIAA, AIChE, ASME and NACE through a single interface
- Comprehensive content collection includes material properties, process and design information, best practices, equations, and formulations
- Indexes all content - including tables, graphs and equations
- Interactive graphs and tables enable users to locate and extract the precise items of interest
Cold Spring Harbor
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press is an internationally renowned publisher of books, journals, and electronic media, located on Long Island, New York. Since 1933, it has furthered the advance and spread of scientific knowledge in all areas of genetics and molecular biology, including cancer biology, plant science, bioinformatics, and neurobiology. It is a division of Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, an innovator in life science research and the education of scientists, students, and the public.
Taylor & Francis Group
Taylor & Francis, founded in the City of London in 1798, is one of the oldest commercial journals publishers in the world, and one of the leading global academic publishers. Operating from a network of 20 global offices, the Taylor & Francis Group publishes more than 1,500 journals and around 1,800 new books each year, with a books backlist in excess of 20,000 specialist titles.
Taylor & Francis has continued to go from strength to strength, positioning itself for the demands of academic research in the 21st century. In 2004 Taylor & Francis merged with Informa to create a global force in the fields of events management, business-to-business magazines, subscription publications and publishing services.
CRCnetBASE (part of the Taylor & Francis Group) is made up of over 6,000 online books that span over 40 disciplines. In addition to e-books published under the imprint CRC Press, CRCnetBASE also includes online references from Auerbach and Chapman & Hall. The powerful research platform has been adopted throughout the world at academic and corporate institutions.
Wiley-Blackwell is the international Scientific, Technical, Medical and Scholarly publishing business of John Wiley & Sons, with strengths in every major academic and professional field and partnerships with many of the world’s leading societies. Wiley-Blackwell publishes 1,500 peer-reviewed journals and 1,500+ new books annually in print and online, as well as databases, major reference works and laboratory protocols.
Wiley Online Library hosts the world’s broadest and deepest multidisciplinary collection of online resources covering life, health and physical sciences, social science, and the humanities. It delivers seamless integrated access to over 4 million articles from 1,500 journals, almost 10,000 online books, and hundreds of reference works, laboratory protocols and databases.
Featuring a clean and simple interface, this online service delivers intuitive navigation, enhanced discoverability, expanded functionalities and a range of personalization and alerting options.
- Easy-to-Use New Design: Developed in consultation with users to deliver intuitive navigation and easy access to articles, chapters, references, and supplementary information.
- Enhanced Tools to Discover Relevant Content: Comprehensive search engine optimization ensures easy discoverability of content, delivering relevant and immediate results to users.
- More Ways to Stay Up-to-Date: Content alerts and RSS feeds to keep you updated with the latest published research.